Thursday, June 28, 2012

Bathroom Towel Hooks for the Kids

I have no idea who was in charge of deciding where the towel racks in this house would go, but I don't think he was of sound mind.  They are in the strangest and most inconvenient places!

OK, I'm done with my rant.  Here is my solution to the problem (at least for the kids' bathroom).


I let each of them choose their favorite ribbon from the ribbon holders.

I cut a small length (about 5") of ribbon and burned the edges to keep them from raveling.


Look at that!  I've never burned the edges before, but it really does work well.

I then sewed the ribbon into a loop onto the side of the towel.




I used white bobbin thread so the blue won't show on the towel side.

Then I hung each towel from the kids' jute-wrapped hooks.





Perfect height for them to reach right after washing their hands.  Now the trick is to get them to wash their hands in the first place....

Thanks so much for stopping by.  What do you think?  Is this something you could use in your kids' bathroom?
Blessings,
Jamie

featured here
freckled laundry
This post is linked here:  Today's Creative Blog Blue Cricket Design Kurtz Corner Mommy by Day Crafter by Night Cherished Bliss Lines Across My Face Southern Lovely Bear Rabbit Bear French Country Cottage Craft Junkie Too DIY Home Sweet Home Saved by Love Domestically Speaking Funky Junk Interiors Homemaker on a Dime Eisy Morgan The Answer is Chocolate Making the World Cuter Craft-O-Maniac lolly jane 504 Main I Heart Naptime Singing Three Little Birds mad in crafts House of Hepworths Somewhat Simple Chic on a Shoestring Keeping it Simple Be Different Act Normal Sew Can Do Sew Chatty Pinkapotamus The Girl Creative Flamingo Toes Tatertots and Jello Sisters of the Wild West Reasons to Skip the Housework Giggles Glitz and Glam Tip JunkieThe Trendy Treehouse Ladybug Blessings Night Owl Crafting Tea Rose Home My Girlish Whims Allie Makes Gluesticks Thrifty 101 Momnivores Dilemma A Little Knick Knack Miss Mustard Seed Freckled Laundry kojo designs A vision to remember Primitive and Proper 733 Rook no 17 Home Stories A to Z Naptime Crafters Whipperberry delightful order blissful and domestic elizabeth and co diy by design gingersnap crafts>my repurposed life

13 comments:

  1. no more towels on the floor. i am laughing not at, but very near you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever. Cute. Simple. Love it! I've been meaning to hang some low hooks in the bathroom for my toddlers...and I will do this to their towels! Thank you so much for sharing with air your laundry friday. xo Jami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea and need to implement it at my house. Our towel bar is falling down. I think hooks would work better and provide more towel hanging space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. I haven't burned ribbon either because I'm paranoid I'll burn the house down lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why on earth have I not thought of this?! Fantastic! I never thought about just sewing a ribbon to the towel for easy hang up. Doing this for my big kid (husband) today!!! Hope you'll stop by sometime and say Hi! Have a FABULOUS holiday week!
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Featured this tonight! Thank you so much for linking with air your laundry Friday! xo Jami

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was so crazy smart! And such an easy fix!
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  8. شركات تصنيع زجاجات المياه المعدنية تلعب دورًا حيويًا في الحفاظ على البيئة وتسهم في تعزيز الاقتصاد. تعتبر زجاجات المياه المعدنية بديلاً صحيًا وصديقًا للبيئة عن زجاجات المياه البلاستيكية التقليدية. وتحظى هذه الزجاجات بشعبية متزايدة بين الأفراد والشركات على حد سواء، وذلك لعدة أسباب مهمة.

    ReplyDelete
  9. شركات طلمبات ومضخات الحريق تلعب دورًا حاسمًا في الحفاظ على الأمان والسلامة في العديد من المنشآت والمباني. فهذه الشركات توفر وتركب أنظمة الطلمبات والمضخات التي تعمل على توجيه وتوزيع المياه بفاعلية للسيطرة على الحرائق والحد من انتشارها.

    ReplyDelete
  10. أعراض مشاكل في علاج انسداد شرايين الساق قد تشمل:

    - ضغط في منطقة الصدر أو ألم
    - صعوبة في التنفس
    - ضعف عضلات القلب
    - انخفاض ضغط الدم
    - خفقان قلب سريع

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your feedback! Leave a comment and I will write you back (as long as your settings include your email address). Thanks for the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...