Saturday, September 24, 2011

Where it All Began: The Cozy Yarn Wreath

I made this last year

The house needed a little something for fall.  My son was in preschool and the baby was almost 1 year old.  Gasp!  I could actually have a little time to make something!

I had seen (and fallen in love with) a yarn wreath somewhere and I had a surplus of yarn here at the house.  I decided to tackle my first crafty project in ages.

It was intoxicating.  I loved the wreath.; I loved the process.  I went on Facebook and posted a few pictures of some of the autumn-related projects I had been working on around the house.  People responded and I was proud, but not satisfied.  So began my quick descent into craft addiction!
I loved playing with the yarn and watching the wreath take shape.  I had no idea what I was doing but I didn't care.
I especially loved the paper towel flowers... I found the tutorial for them here.

And here we are today; it has been almost 5 months since The Creative Imperative was born.  I have found blogging to be a better venue for sharing projects than annoying my Facebook friends with every little thing I do around the house.

Anyway, thank YOU!  Thank you for reading and for encouraging and for inspiring me.  It's YOU who have helped to make this journey so much fun!

God bless you and keep on craftin'.
Jamie
This post is featured here:





Confessions of a Stay At Home Mommy
IhookedupwithHoHlamespice

32 comments:

  1. Very nice, jamie!!!Greetings from Greece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wreath is beautiful as are you. Love the spider too! Thank you for your kind words at Bacon Time, it means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mean my friends might be getting annoyed w/ all my crafty sharing on fb??? eek!!! =) I am glad you decided to share with all of us in blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think if it had a scratch and sniff it would be apple spice- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paper towel flower--genius! Looks pretty and so glad you have a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love the paper towel flowers:) Awesome idea!! Thanks for sharing your talents!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one kick ass wreath :) Gorgeous color and texture!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your wreath! It's so pretty and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha that is why I started blogging too! But the wreath is really cute! Stopping by from Sew Can Do link party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! Love the variety of yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've done a couple yarn wreaths myself, but your style is much different then mine...I love it! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really cute! I love making wreaths, have a pom pom one up on my blog now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful wreath! Love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your wreath is beautiful! I can't believe those flowers are made out of paper towels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You always do such a great job on wreaths! Would love if you would link this up to Scatter Girls Fall Front Porch Party- Going on right now: http://scattergirls.blogspot.com/2011/09/fall-porch-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute wreath! I'd love for you to link it up at my door decor challenge here:

    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/falling-for-crafts-challenge-3-door.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks so great -- love it!

    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! Love love love -- & I want one just like it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Visiting from Freshman Friday! The wreath is so nice! I am your newest follower!

    Emily

    www.mirrorsmetaphorsandkaleidoscopes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Whoah! Where have I been! I LOVE this idea, this is super awesome. You've done such a GREAT job creating this! I'm glad I discovered you through Air you Laundry Friday!!!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is very cute! I featured it on my blog today as part of my Friday Favorites. Come over and check it out :) Happy Friday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is adorable! What an awesome fall wreath. Very festive! Would love for you to link it up to Fabulous Friday! http://ohhbabydesigns.blogspot.com/2011/09/fabulous-friday-5-easy-artwork.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute wreath! Glad you made the leap to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  24. A great way to use up leftover yarn! So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is such a cute wreath - love the texture from the bulky yarn (but that's the knitter in me!)...
    Rhonda @ home.made.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love it! The texture of the yarn ( love those textured yarns) just makes it perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a pretty little wreath. The colors are so perfect for fall. Great job, I am definitely a fan of this project! So glad you shared at Show & Share!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ah, so fun! The yarn is beautiful and you did a great job with the all around project. I love blogging, too! I used to share my projects on my family blog and everyone gave me a hard time! I know, why??? ;) This is a fun avenue, I agree. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your feedback! Leave a comment and I will write you back (as long as your settings include your email address). Thanks for the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...